16 July 2014

Wash Day - Teenie Weenie Afro Edition!

And what better way to do it through The Wash Day Experience! 



The braids are out after a 5 week stint. Here's a shot of my hair after the take-down:


I was feeling myself a bit :)



Now it's time to go alone with my twa - at least for this week. Here what I did on my last (Saturday) wash day:



[1] Deep Conditioned with Organics Hair Mayonnaise. I let it stay in my hair for about 10 minutes with heat then rinsed it out. I haven't done a protein treatment in a while and since I had the braids in, it needed some strengthening.



[2] Shampooed with Creme of Nature Sulfate-Free Moisture & Shine Shampoo.

[3] Oil Rinsed with Castor Oil
[4] Conditioned with Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner to rinse the excess oil out.
[5] T-shirt dried my hair to about 85% (which takes about 30 minutes).
[6] Moisturised with my DIY Leave-in + castor oil + Softsheen-Carson Optimum Oil Therapy (don't think I'll ever use this again).
[7] Tied a Du-Rag around my hair and went about doing some errands. 


Wash Days are pretty much smooth these days as 1) I have little hair on my head and 2) once water or conditioner is in my hair, detangling sessions are a breezeee :)

Hope everyone's wash day went well! I'd love to hear about it.


Be well,
Gibbie
The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. Allow your hair to air dry next time...the oil seals the water and that's your moisture and always try to use a leave in conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I air-dried this week and used my shea butter mix. Much better! Thanks!

      Delete

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz