16 September 2014

Wash Day - Oldie But Goodie (Or Is It?)

Hello there,

I did a Wash Day about 2 weeks ago but since it was exactly the same as my last post I didn't want to do a repeat. 

This week however, since my Alberto V05 Clarifying Conditioner is finished, I decided to fall back on an oldie but goodie. 

My trusty Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner

In truth, even if I had more of the V05 Clarifying Conditioner, I would've parked it this wash day anyway. That's because although it clarifies my hair well and is a good rinse out conditioner, my hair would feel a bit dry when I took down the "chiney bumps" (bantu knots) I left out at the back of my head. 

The Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner is one I have used since the start of my hair journey because 1) it's moisturising 2) you can buy a big bottle of it and, 3) it's cheap. Of late however, it fell in the 'trust issues' department because I've been noticing the effects of its "cones". Tresemme Moisture Rich has a number of "cones" (Dimethicone, Amodimethicone) that, no matter how hard I try to wash out the conditioner, there is still some left in and by weekend I would've had enough build-up that I'll have to clarify again (protective style or not). 

That being said, I could bear the "cone" build-up this time around and since I intend to clarify anytime I use it, it was okay by me. So here goes this #WashDayExperience

[1] Lifted buildup from my scalp using ACV + Water mix (1:4) with some finger-pad-rubbing. 

[2] Co-washed with Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner + Warm Water (50/50) mix + Coconut Oil (to the point where my natural hair ends in the Locs). 

[3] Rinsed with cold water. 

[4] Towel dried for 20 minutes. 

[5] Put in my DIY Leave-in. 

[6] Wrapped Locs with scarf (happening now) and I'll keep it on until the next morning. 

When showering I unconsciously turned in the shower and got the body of one-half of the Locs wet (((scream))). I know it's going to take me a little longer to dry but I plan on changing scarves around my locs to prevent that icky feeling against my skin.

I think I'm getting a little tired of these faux locs, probably since they've been in for 7 weeks now, so I'll be taking them out shortly. 

That's all for Wash Day this time around! 


Be well, 
Gibbie
The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your faux locs to week 7! That's pretty amazing. I totally wouldn't have lasted for a week!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks. It's the longest (that I can remember) that I've ever kept a protective style in. Tired of it now though!

      Delete

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz