04 March 2014

Braided Up! - Hair Update No. I

I've been feeling overwhelmed by my new growth of late (currently 14 weeks post) and didn't want to deal with doing anything with it. I also was not ready to relax my hair..so I got..you guessed it, braids :). I got Senegalese Twists or what we Jamaicans call "rope twists". I did it in big sections and it runs down mid-back. Here are some pictures:


 

When my hair is braided I tend to touch up my edges for a more "clean" look but I'm trying stay strong and move away from that with the help of my trusty Ecostyler gel.

I hope to keep this in for at least 3 weeks but my past experience with braids is by mid-week of it being done, it itches like crazy or starts to look furry. To combat this, I used ACV to remove the alkaline base off the braids and do ACV rinses once per week and tie my hair down with a satin scarf and bonnet. I'll try my best but I have a low-key feeling I'll be unconsciously tapping my head top stop the itching (._. ).

I like it and I LOVE the fact that I won't have to be doing much to my hair while this style is in. I'll do another post on what I'll be using as braid spray to moisturize my hair and wash day challenges (if any) while this style is in.

Lata!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz