16 June 2014

Big Chop edition: Hair Update No.8

Hell yeah I did it!


Wasn't easy.

But no regrets.

Few tears.

But I'm okay.

As stated in my Hair Update No. 7 post, I did my usual braid (extensions) take-down and was giving my hair the usual "breather break" (no less than 1 week) between installs. I had plans to put some Senegalese Twists in. My hair was already prepped in medium sized twists..but first I had to get past the dreaded WASH DAY *cue horror scream*

I wasn't for it. I didn't want to deal with it..deal with what I had now deemed the "unnecessary" task of going through my natural hair with relative ease but being stuck at sections of my relaxed hair. I called my boyfriend and told him I wanted him to cut my hair. 

So..a couple of hours later, this happened:



And the result:




I was very numb..very quiet -- not freaked out but I felt weird. 

My hair was averaging almost 3 inches in length all over but because I washed it and my hair shrinks like nobody's business, you wouldn't be able to see it. It's surprisingly curly with sections of the front and middle having a looser curl and the back having tighter curls..and it's also softer than I thought it would be! I'd say I'm about a Type 4b or 4c with tight "s" curls instead of "z" curls/kinks if I'm relating to hair typing charts. Hand in Hair Syndrome in full effect!

That aside, I still held my hair appointment the next day (thankfully, because I wasn't ready!) so I went and got my Senegalese Braids installed.

Overall, I'm happy I did it and got the transition over with. I surmise I'll have to cut a little more off to get rid off any lingering, relaxed ends I think I still have.

This is all new to me because I have never dealt with my hair in it's natural-growing-out-of-scalp-hair before But all in all, I'm ready for it!

Lata!




Music: Choppingz by Kabaka Pyramid & Masicka

2 comments:

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz