22 April 2014

Crotchet Braids Take down & Wash Day: Hair Update No. IV

Hi there! *waves*


It's been a while since I've blogged about "le hair". I was waiting on all negative vibes about the breakage and such I had and was just soaking up all information on hair (mainly my hair "type") on YouTube, other blogs and asking questions wherever I could to get as much information as I could.

Since my last post I haven't done anything to my hair except do a consistent moisturise & seal routine and leaving my hair alone. It was one day shy of four (4) weeks since I put in the style and it was time yo take it out.  I carefully took down the crotchet braids and carefully de-tangled my hair before doing a wash day. The "Wash Day" term was literal as it took the better part of a day to get all of it done and I chanced nothing in almost all of the steps.

And now, products used in today's wash:


V05 Moisturizing Conditioner {detangle}
Coconut Oil {which has in drops of peppermint oil}
Castor Oil {which has in drops of peppermint oil}
Creme of Nature Sulfate-free Moisture & Shine Shampoo
Kendel's Chinese Green Tea 
Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment
Pearl Collection Cholesterol
Roux Porosity Control
Self made leave-in product {water, coconut oil, conditioner, peppermint oil - not pictured}

I sectioned my hair into 4 quadrants and that was how I worked with my hair throughout the entire process. I used the V05 conditioner and coconut oil to detangle (which took about an hour - I was being very careful), after which I added my Creme of Nature Shampoo (I did not rinse out the conditioner and oil) and shampooed each section twice working at a quadrant at a time.

The detangling process
 I then did a tea rinse (my first time doing this) using 2 teabags of Chinese Green Tea, let in stay in for about 3 minutes and rinsed it out. I warmed my DC mix of Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment, coconut oil, castor oil, Roux Porosity Control and Cholesterol and applied it to the 4 sections. I'm trying to finish the Cholesterol product as it does nothing for my hair so whenever I DC I include it in the mix. I won't be purchasing it again. I let the DC mix sit in for about 10-15 minutes, then used my blow dryer & heating cap to apply some heat to my hair. I did that for about 10 minutes. After I rinsed the DC mix out, I t-shirt dried my hair then spit each section into half, applied my leave-in mix and some coconut oil to each section, then blow dried my hair on the cool setting and twisted the 4 sections.

My hair feels pretty soft and lightweight and doesn't look too frizzy. I think it has something to do with the leave-in I put in and blow drying it on cool. My natural hair is a little loosened (I'm currently 21 weeks post) and my ends are looking well.

At this point in time I won't be relaxing my hair. I'm trying to focus on its health, giving it sufficient moisture and just leaving it alone..apparently it likes that. I do admit I'm leaning to the "going back to natural" side because it's been peaking my interest but the above is where my focus lies as it relates to my hair. I'll be resting my hair for a couple of days then I'll be getting some braids and (hopefully) letting that stay in for 4 weeks..then I'll do this process all over again.

Are you in the process of stretching for a long period or transitioning? How did your Wash Day go?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz