23 September 2015

Simple and effective #Wash Day

Hello all, 

So I did my daily moisturising routine while I had my crochet braids in (at least if not every day, every other day) and I got some great results. My hair has grown back to the length it was before the "hair hacking of July" and my spirits are back to normal - lifted even. 

I was rushing to get another protective style in when I realised.. 

I do not know my hair. 

That is, I know what will moisturise my hair while it's in a protective style but, since I usually have in extensions, I never how to handle my hair without it. Sad, I know. 

Which is why I dedicated at this month (September) to take care of my hair without extensions. 

I have been doing cowashes but I did a good and proper #WASH DAY  last week. So here goes:

Deep Condition: Warm DC mix of Creme of Nature Intense Conditioning treatment + Organics mayonnaise + Roux Porosity Control + coconut oil + castor oil

Shampoo: Creme of Nature Moisture & shine sulfate free shampoo

Conditioner: Tressemme Naturals

Rinse with cool water and stretch hair with hair ties and put oils on ends

At the end of the wash day, my hair felt soft and moisturised. When it was fully dry, it started losing moisture but I kep using my new moisturiser, Luster "S-Curl Curl Activator" to keep moisture levels up. 

I will say it hasn't been easy managing my hair and I find that my hair handles moisture better in an unstretched state (I even get so see some curls too ☺). I do however, feel I'm more at risk for breakage when my hair isn't in protective styles because I don't have much styles in my arsenal for my short hair and when I'm flustered I tend to re-comb my hair.. which leads to breakage. Because of this,  I will be getting a protective style done soon. I have not decided if it will be with or without extensions.

To honest, after the 'hacking of July' I have decided to take the hair seriousness down a notch and just live. I still want mid-back/waist/whatever hair but I'm not tying and frustrating myself over how long it will take/why am I not at x-length yet/x-challenge (unless it's about moisture) - any of that. I'm taking it slow, minding my manipulation and minding my breakage as much as I can. I'll still be blogging but work, my contribution to my Rotaract Club and just life really, doesn't allow for me to blog as much as I would like. I tend to read other blogs (I read a lot of them - especially Nigerian-type blogs) more than I blog myself. 

In any case, I hope you all are well. I'm still chillin' (like a villain lol) and hope you all are doing the same. 

Be well, 
Gibbie  

1 comment:

  1. I love that you want to get to know your hair without extensions! GET IT GIRL!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ www.savingourstrands.com

    ReplyDelete

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz