04 February 2015

Wash Day: Crochet Cowash Quickie

Hi there,
So I've been wearing my crochet braids with afro kinky hair for about 2 weeks now and, because I've been experimenting with styles and such, I've actually changed the curl pattern & texture of the hair. I've manipulated it soo much that it's become super dry. Nonetheless, I've been wearing it and I'll be wearing it til the wheels come off (.. Or until it reaches the 3 week or more mark).. But that's what synthetic hair is for, right? Lol I loved it. Here's a picture of how I've been wearing it EVERY. DAY. :



Anyhoo, on to my #WashDayExperience:

[1] Saturated my hair with a 8:1 ratio of ACV & water and massaged my cornrows and scalp for about 5 mins

[2] After rinsing the ACV mix out, I again saturated my hair with a mixture of Tresseme Naturals (first time trying this - finally) + Castor oil + Aloe Vera juice.
The remainder of the mixture was put on the extensions (because they were DRY and TUSTY). I combed the extensions out, put them in braids and then Rinsed everything out. I let the extensions stay in braids until I'm ready to hot water them again.

[3] After rinsing I let my hair dry for about 15 minutes, then applied my DIY Leave-in (aloe vera juice + boiled water + coconut oil + Castor oil + a tups of conditioner) to every cornrow and re-twisted my leave out using the LOC method.

I must say my hair is steadily coming back to life. I think the "crispy" reaction was due to the imbalance of the moisturising/detangling mix I use and not following up with the LOC method (I keep leaving off the "C"). It's behaving much better now. Next up, the takedown and another protective style install. All in all, all is well. 

The Wash Day Experience

Be well, 
Gibbie

3 comments:

  1. Your daily hairstyle looks super cute! I love the headband.

    Lungi @ HHDC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm it seems my comment was swallowed by the universe, attempt 2! lol!
    LOL at the "DRY and TUSTY" that had me! I'm glad that your hair is coming back to where you'd like it to be. I notice you used a lot of aloe vera juice, do you think that that has been a major contributor to increased hair health?.... I have some staring at me in my fridge, just say the word yo! #serioustalk
    Oh! and re the "C" in LOC method - my friend was JUST saying the same thing this week, here hair feels better when she leave the "C" out, and she's natural too. :-) I'll send her your post for sure :-D

    ReplyDelete

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz