05 December 2014

6 Month Length Check (6 Months Post BC)

Hey guys!

It's now been six (6) months and one week since I did the big chop. Time seems to be going nicely and my hair has been flourishing since I asked my boyfriend to cut off my relaxed ends in June 2014. There were a little bit of tears. There was a lot of bit of shock lol.

But without further ado, Here are some pictures of my 6 natural hair month progress:



The morning after the Big Chop - June 2014






July 2014 


 
November 2014





December 5, 2014


Aaand there you have it folks. Now that the pictures are up, I can see the difference in growth over the time period..and I'm happy \o/ lol. It would also seem that my regimen is doing okay thus far..so at least technique-wise I won't be changing anything.


Some things to bear in mind (or err..disclaimers? lol)

  1. I transitioned for about 7 months before I cut my relaxed ends off (so I had a little over 2" before the big chop)
  2. My hair grows a little over 1/4 inch per month (0.375 inches exactly lol)
  3. I cut off quite a bit of relaxed ends in about July (apparently I was even cutting off my natural hair with it -_-)
  4. I wear protective styles about 85% - 90% of the time

Be well,
Gibbie






2 comments:

IG: GibbieGibbie || Twitter: @GibbieGibbz